Individual and Family Wealth Management Service
Individuals and Families
Boston Portfolio Advisers team has over 55 years of experience helping individuals and families meet their personal, retirement and charitable goals. The investment relationship begins with a thorough understanding of the client’s financial goals, time horizon, income needs and risk tolerance. This fiduciary process culminates in the creation of an Investment Policy Statement. The IPS steers the investment portfolio within a range of asset allocations and risk levels to meet the client’s financial goals.
Once the IPS has identified an appropriate asset allocation, Boston Portfolio Advisers uses institutional mutual funds or ETFs as portfolio building blocks. This strategy provides unusually wide diversification including non-traditional asset classes such as emerging market securities, absolute return strategies and high-yield fixed income. The portfolio is re-balanced periodically to reduce allocations to outperforming asset classes or to add to underperforming ones.
Because of Boston Portfolio Advisers investment approach emphasizing asset allocation, Boston Portfolio Advisers typically manages all of a client’s investable wealth so that different time horizons and tax situations can be considered simultaneously. Boston Portfolio Advisers can manage taxable, retirement and trust accounts as well as 529 college savings plans. For trusts established in previous generations, Boston Portfolio Advisers provides an alternative to traditional bank trust departments who often take a one-size-fits-all approach to investing.
Our Pledge to Clients
- We will treat your portfolio at Boston Portfolio Advisers as if it were our own.
- We will invest for the long-term by always striving to maximize returns while controlling risk.
- We will seek to minimize your investment expenses.
- We will not accept any payments or anything of value from third parties that might influence the investments in your portfolio.
- We will invest our personal assets in parallel with yours.